Monday, February 8, 2010

Do Angels Walk Among Us?











Today's blog comes to you from my wife. She was inspired today during our winter storm here in rural Minnesota. I thought I'd share her inspiration with all of you. + peace!


Some of our precious little ones have wondered about REAL angels.

Well ~ ~ a REAL angel came to our house today.

The weather had been so bad that the old grampa & old gramma couldn't go outside. There was so much snow and wind and they couldn't get to their car because they were old and weak and not strong anymore. The old gramma needed some pills, and they didn't have much milk ~ ~ just one more cup ~ ~ so they planned to share that for their evening meal.

The winter storm still kept blowing and snowing. Then the old gramma looked out the window and saw an angel coming wearing a parka, a scarf, mittens and boots, she was carrying a jug of milk. She came to the door. The old grampa welcomed her and the old gramma joyously laughed and said, "We are so happy to see you, thank you!" The angel drew from the pocket of her parka, the pills that the old gramma needed. The old gramma and old grampa rejoiced and thanked God.

Yes, this is a true story! The angel was welcomed in and sat in our home and warmed up with hot coffee and strawberry jam on toast. We visited and thanked the Lord for her. The angel then said, "I must go on my way to do some more angel work. I will be driving my angel truck...so I can get through the snow if I go carefully."

We thanked her and hugged, and said "God Bless you on your way." She put on her boots, parka, scarf, mittens and trudged off in the deep snow to her waiting angel truck.

~ ~ And the old grandpa & old grandma said, "Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment